Purba Halady Rao
Visiting Faculty - MSB, Analytics and Data Science, FPM: Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
Dr. Purba Halady Rao has been a Professor more than 30 years teaching and conducting research on topics such as Analytical Models in Marketing, Business Analytics, Marketing Research, Green & Sustainable Supply Chains, Water Management concerns from the Private Sector perspective, Water & Climate Change Management, Corporate Environmental Management, Predictive Modeling in Strategic Decision Making , and Entrepreneurship Management.
She is a Doctorate in Management from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC 1976), has a M.Sc. in Applied Math from Science College, University of Calcutta and a B. Sc. In Math(honors) from Presidency College Calcutta.
Her teaching area comprises Analytics, in different functional areas of Management, Analytical Models in Business, Marketing Research, etc. whereas her research focus has been in the areas such as Marketing consumer products and services, Environmental Sustainability, Green Supply Chain Management and Water & Climate Change Concerns.
From 1988 until Jan 2009, for 20 years, she has been a Professor at Asian Institute of Management, AIM, Manila, Philippines. Over the past few years she has been a Visiting Professor at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, Fudan University, School of Economics, Shanghai, China IIM RANCHI, and Myra School of Business. She has also been included in the Top-10 Analytics academicians in India, as per survey in 2014.
Her latest book publication “Business Analytics, an application focus”, PHI, 2013, is now used as textbook for Analytics courses in many major Business Schools in India.
Some research publications by Professor Purba Rao:
(1) “Green Supply Chain Management: A Study Based on SMEs in India” (May 2019), Journal of Supply Chain Management Systems. 8(1):15-24
(2) “Factors Affecting Customer Satisfaction in the Taxi Service Market in India”(2016), co-authored with Abdul Wahid Khan, Ambika Jangid, Ankit Bansal, Maruthappan S., Shiven Chaudhary, Vinay Tyagi, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management Volume 5 Issue 3 October 2016
(3) “An Application of Structural Equation Modelling to Determine the Inclusion of Climate Change Topics in MBA Education”, (2017), International Journal of Business Analytics and Intelligence, co authored with Rahul Pulupudi and Suman Sen, Vol 5, Issue 1, April 2017.
(4) “Would Private Sector be Inclined to Take up Initiatives to Address Water Crisis in India?” (2016) co authored with Jain, S., Millin, A., VIKALPA The Journal for Decision Makers 41(2) 1–14 © 2016 Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad SAGE Publications. http://vik.sagepub.com/content/41/2/103.full.pdf+html
(5)“Impact of Climate Change: Survey of Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies of Junior Corporate Executives in India”, Co-authored with Arun Thamizvanan. Vol 6, No.4. Nov 2014, International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management , Emerald, UK
(6) “Measuring Environmental Performance across Green Supply Chain : A managerial overview of Environmental Indicators” , Vikalpa, vol 39, number 1, Jan-March, 2014. http://www.vikalpa.com/pdf/articles/2014/vikalpa-39-1-57-74.pdf
(7) “Predicting the Relative Values of social entrepreneurial opportunities…. … an application in conjoint analysis” (2015) Great Lakes Herald, November 2015.
(8) “ Applying Analytics to Sustainability Concerns, The case of Greening the Supply Chain for Small and Medium Enterprises in Chennai” (2015) Analytics India Magazine: http://analyticsindiamag.com/applying-analytics-to-sustainability-concerns/
(9)Contributed/co-authored to ‘Asia-Pacific Human Development Report’ Edied by Pak Sum Low and Bernarditas Muller, UNDP, July 2010.
(10)“Does Awareness to Climate Change lead to Behavioral Change?” Co-authored with Indrani R.Halady, 2010, International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management , Emerald, UK, (2010) Vol2. No.1..
(11)“A Metric for Corporate Environmental Indicators,for Small and Medium Enterprises in the Philippines” ,with Alok Singh et al.,2008,Business Strategy and Environment, John Wiley UK.
(12)“Greening of the Supply Chain… An Empirical Study for SMEs in the Philippines”, Spring 2007 .Journal of Asia Business Studies ,SanFrancisco, California.
(13).“Do Green Supply Chains lead to competitiveness and economic performance?” 2005 International Journal of Operations and Production Management, IJOPM, co-authored with Diane Holt Vol 25, N0.9
(14).“Greening the Supply Chain : a new initiative in Southeast Asia” Vol. 22 Nov. 2002; IJOPM – International Journal of Operations and Production Management.(IJOPM)
(15)“Greening Production – A South East Asian Experience” IJOPM(2004), Vol 24 No. 3, International Journal of Operations and Production Management.(IJOPM)
(16) FACTORS AFFECTING CONSUMER’S CHOICE TO USE MOBILE WALLET TO ACCESS M-COMMERCE INDUSTRY IN INDIA”,(2017), co authored with Abhilasha Seam, Raja Sekhar Reddy, Snehil Agrawal, Behara Krishna Chaitanya, Himanshu Bist, Suleman Safdar, Pranav Ranjan Patil, International Journal on Customer Relations, Volume 5, Issue 1, March 2017.
(17) .“Environmental Indicators for small and medium enterprises in the Philippines. An empirical research.”, 2005 volume 14(2006) Journal of Cleaner Production.
(18) .“The Greening of Suppliers—in the South East Asian Context”, 2005. Journal of Cleaner Production. Volume 13. pp935-945.
(17) Factors Affecting Customer Satisfaction in the Taxi Service Market in India (2016) co-authored with Abdul Wahid Khan, Ambika Jangid, Ankit Bansal, Maruthappan S., Shiven Chaudhary, Vinay Tyagi, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management Volume 5 Issue 3 October 2016.